Thursday, January 29, 2015

Introduction

If you've found your way here, then you probably know that my original blog was meant  to focus on both health and spirituality.  It certainly started like that and I meant to continue that way, but I let my health fall to the wayside.  Various aspects of my life were colliding and converging into a HUGE mess that ultimately led to me to not be mindful.  All at once, I found myself in the midst of a purification, removing the old and making room for the new.  I felt like my life had derailed and I was attempting to reassemble it.

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions, but this year felt like the right time to get my shit together.  Something clicked in my head and I knew this was the time.  It wasn't so much about the new year, but that I felt like this was a good starting point.  So here I am now, attempting to become truly mindful.  I'm not always awesome at and I make some bad choices, but everyday I learn something new and I make better choices.  I'll never be on a strict diet.  I LOVE food.  Food is a 5 sense experience that I enjoy.  My parents always seemed to have odd feelings about food when I was growing up.  I can't quite pinpoint where they come from, except for the fact that my mother is a recovering bulimic who had a complicated relationship with food.  Me, on the other hand?  I don't have those problems.  I tend to have a more hedonistic view of food.  If it satisfies my senses, then I'm game.  I just love food.  Unfortunately, that is also not healthy and so I am trying to curb that and find balance.  What I really want, is to make a lifestyle change that I can enjoy and stick to permanently.

I will most likely write about food an diet changes and recipes for a while.  I was a waitress for most of my adult life and literally ran for 32 hours each week.  That was my cardio and I was often able to lose weight with very little effort.  After hurting my back a few years ago and not seeing my friends and family due to the work schedule, I changed my career.  Since starting a more sedentary job, I have found it difficult to get into a good exercise routine.  Eight years of my life was spent in a very active job and I'm still struggling to find a routine in my current lifestyle.

This blog is my attempt to hold myself accountable in my journey of health and wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment